Friday, January 10, 2014

Chicago Shorts

You've heard of Bermuda Shorts?  Well, that has nothing to do with this (though the thought of Angus wearing Bermuda shorts is going to give me the willies for a while).

Chicago Shorts is an ebook series.  It's pretty cheap ($3.00), and the "shorts" are ...well, not very long.  They are condensations.

The reason I bring this up is that my Duke colleague Bruce Caldwell has a "short" on Hayek's Road to Serfdom.  It's a very nice way to make the "book" available for class, and Bruce's intro is well done.

The problem with the "Shorts" is that they are either epub or prc format, which doesn't work on Kindle.  But it's easy to convert them using calibre or something like that.

I stopped using RtS in my big UG class, because there is just too much there.  This is a nice option.

(If it matters, I was not compensated to write this.  Sometimes people ask.  You might want to get a life...)

No comments: