Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gouging on CBC's "Invisible Hand"

A new show on the  Canadian Broadcorping Castration:  Invisible Hand.  Pretty interesting concept, and pretty edgy way of producing economics podcasts.

They did a show on price-gouging.  It is a really, really fantastic show on price-gouging.  (Phone call for Matt Zwolinski).  The little "experiment" they run is tremendous.  I will be using this podcast in every intro econ class I teach from now on.

(If you have trouble of getting the file to stream, you can download it here).

Finally, to my good friend Gavin Kennedy: "Invisible Hand" is the name of the show. It's not my fault. At least they didn't call it "As If By An Invisible Hand," so that's some consolation. (However, he does say "as if by an invisible hand" at about 6 minutes. Gavin: Please do what you do.)

4 comments:

Stephen Gordon said...

I'm serving as the consultant for the show, and the title was a fait accompli long before they contacted me. I didn't have the heart to tell them about what Gavin was likely to say.

G Wolf said...

Like the Zwolinski reference. BHL and KPC are two of my favorite blogs.

Julian Levi said...

I liked your blog and I posted similar to yours.....

baby clothes boutique

hip baby clothes said...

your blog is amazing. new follower!